Go Back   Alpha Gaming > Public Forums > Whisperwind General

ReplyPost Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Unread 08-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Anatheras's Avatar
Anatheras Anatheras is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 145
Default

From an MMO thread

With this information I think we can do some guesswork and get a pretty accurate idea of what this fight will be like.

Trash:
After zoning in, some dwarves will be gathered in the entry tunnel that snakes down to the lair of the Brood Mother. At the very bottom there will be some cannons set up, and speaking to one of the dwarves will start an event. Evidently, the dreadful black dragonflight has cut this group of dwarves off from some of their friends who are further down the tunnel, and we need to repel them as they try to destroy the dwarven supplies!

Adds will pour down the hall and raiders will have to sit on turrets and destroy them until 15 waves have passed. There will only be 10 turrets so the other 15 raiders will have to collect ammunition and scrap metal to resupply and repair the turrets.

Phase 1:
After these waves are destroyed, you will reunite with the rest of the dwarves at the entrance to Ony's chamber. Luckily dwarven ingenuity has displayed itself again and they've managed to drill through the walls, bringing some siege vehicles with them! The raid will once again have access to siege engines and demolishers.

The raid will rumble through the tunnel into her chamber and begin the fight. A siege engine is best to tank her, as they can time their shield cooldown to mitigate her massive breath damage. Demolishers will have to avoid getting breathed on at all costs!

The vehicles will dps her until roughly 65%, when she will emote and begin phase 2.

Phase 2:
As the Brood Mother takes to the air, she emotes: "Pesky mortals and your toys, let's see how you fight on your own!" Suddenly a great blast of lava will melt all of the vehicles, and the players will be left on their own.

But just as all hope appears to be lost, Alexstrasza and drakes of the red dragonflight will burst through the ceiling and begin to pick players up!

The raid will need to allocate some players to keeping stacks of dots up on Onyxia as she flies about the room, and other players to dealing with the whelps that spawn from the caves to either side of the chamber. This phase ends at 40%, as Onyxia begins to land.

Phase 3:
Onyxia emotes as she again lands on the ground: "Alexstrasza! What treachery is this!? BAH! You think your red dragonflight stands any chance HERE, IN MY SANCTUM!?"

Suddenly the chamber begins to shake, and rocks begin falling from the sky, killing red drakes left and right. Once again, the raid is left on their feet in the middle of her floor.

Just when Onyxia is about to finish the brave raiders once and for all, Thrall (Or Varian Wyrnn for Alliance raids) rides into the chamber on a wolf or steed respectively.

He emotes: "SHE DRAGON, YOUR REIGN OF TERROR HAS LASTED FAR TOO LONG. LET US RID THE WORLD OF YOUR FILTH ONCE AND FOR ALL! AND LET US SEE YOUR TRUE FORM!"

Onyxia responds: "NO, NO, IT CAN'T BE!"

Onyxia begins to shake violently and smoke fills the room. When the dust clears, she is left in her human form.

She emotes: "Fools, you think I am any less potent in this body? BWAAH, YOU UNDERESTIMATE THE BLACK DRAGONFLIGHT!"

Suddenly human adds begin to pour out of the whelp caves riding black steeds and wielding jousting lances!

Thrall screams for assistance, and dozens of wolves and horses begin to pour into the chamber. Players equip their jousting lances and jump aboard the mounts. Onyxia must be attacked with shield break 300 times to get rid of all of her stacks, and players will need to chain taunt her to make sure she is always tanked by someone with 3 stacks of shield block.

This is the last phase, the fight ends when Onyxia hits 2%, as she becomes converted and will most likely help the raiders in the upcoming Icecrown Citadel content patch.


The end.
  #22  
Unread 08-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Methical's Avatar
Methical Methical is offline
AFK
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anatheras View Post
From an MMO thread

With this information I think we can do some guesswork and get a pretty accurate idea of what this fight will be like.

Trash:
After zoning in, some dwarves will be gathered in the entry tunnel that snakes down to the lair of the Brood Mother. At the very bottom there will be some cannons set up, and speaking to one of the dwarves will start an event. Evidently, the dreadful black dragonflight has cut this group of dwarves off from some of their friends who are further down the tunnel, and we need to repel them as they try to destroy the dwarven supplies!

Adds will pour down the hall and raiders will have to sit on turrets and destroy them until 15 waves have passed. There will only be 10 turrets so the other 15 raiders will have to collect ammunition and scrap metal to resupply and repair the turrets.

Phase 1:
After these waves are destroyed, you will reunite with the rest of the dwarves at the entrance to Ony's chamber. Luckily dwarven ingenuity has displayed itself again and they've managed to drill through the walls, bringing some siege vehicles with them! The raid will once again have access to siege engines and demolishers.

The raid will rumble through the tunnel into her chamber and begin the fight. A siege engine is best to tank her, as they can time their shield cooldown to mitigate her massive breath damage. Demolishers will have to avoid getting breathed on at all costs!

The vehicles will dps her until roughly 65%, when she will emote and begin phase 2.

Phase 2:
As the Brood Mother takes to the air, she emotes: "Pesky mortals and your toys, let's see how you fight on your own!" Suddenly a great blast of lava will melt all of the vehicles, and the players will be left on their own.

But just as all hope appears to be lost, Alexstrasza and drakes of the red dragonflight will burst through the ceiling and begin to pick players up!

The raid will need to allocate some players to keeping stacks of dots up on Onyxia as she flies about the room, and other players to dealing with the whelps that spawn from the caves to either side of the chamber. This phase ends at 40%, as Onyxia begins to land.

Phase 3:
Onyxia emotes as she again lands on the ground: "Alexstrasza! What treachery is this!? BAH! You think your red dragonflight stands any chance HERE, IN MY SANCTUM!?"

Suddenly the chamber begins to shake, and rocks begin falling from the sky, killing red drakes left and right. Once again, the raid is left on their feet in the middle of her floor.

Just when Onyxia is about to finish the brave raiders once and for all, Thrall (Or Varian Wyrnn for Alliance raids) rides into the chamber on a wolf or steed respectively.

He emotes: "SHE DRAGON, YOUR REIGN OF TERROR HAS LASTED FAR TOO LONG. LET US RID THE WORLD OF YOUR FILTH ONCE AND FOR ALL! AND LET US SEE YOUR TRUE FORM!"

Onyxia responds: "NO, NO, IT CAN'T BE!"

Onyxia begins to shake violently and smoke fills the room. When the dust clears, she is left in her human form.

She emotes: "Fools, you think I am any less potent in this body? BWAAH, YOU UNDERESTIMATE THE BLACK DRAGONFLIGHT!"

Suddenly human adds begin to pour out of the whelp caves riding black steeds and wielding jousting lances!

Thrall screams for assistance, and dozens of wolves and horses begin to pour into the chamber. Players equip their jousting lances and jump aboard the mounts. Onyxia must be attacked with shield break 300 times to get rid of all of her stacks, and players will need to chain taunt her to make sure she is always tanked by someone with 3 stacks of shield block.

This is the last phase, the fight ends when Onyxia hits 2%, as she becomes converted and will most likely help the raiders in the upcoming Icecrown Citadel content patch.


The end.
hahaha
  #23  
Unread 08-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Wheeler's Avatar
Wheeler Wheeler is offline
WoW Social
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 561
Default

Onyxia vs Sindragosa?

Too stupid not to be true.

3.3, watch and see.
  #24  
Unread 08-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Warp's Avatar
Warp Warp is offline
WoW Social
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anatheras View Post
From an MMO thread

With this information I think we can do some guesswork and get a pretty accurate idea of what this fight will be like.

Trash:
After zoning in, some dwarves will be gathered in the entry tunnel that snakes down to the lair of the Brood Mother. At the very bottom there will be some cannons set up, and speaking to one of the dwarves will start an event. Evidently, the dreadful black dragonflight has cut this group of dwarves off from some of their friends who are further down the tunnel, and we need to repel them as they try to destroy the dwarven supplies!

Adds will pour down the hall and raiders will have to sit on turrets and destroy them until 15 waves have passed. There will only be 10 turrets so the other 15 raiders will have to collect ammunition and scrap metal to resupply and repair the turrets.

Phase 1:
After these waves are destroyed, you will reunite with the rest of the dwarves at the entrance to Ony's chamber. Luckily dwarven ingenuity has displayed itself again and they've managed to drill through the walls, bringing some siege vehicles with them! The raid will once again have access to siege engines and demolishers.

The raid will rumble through the tunnel into her chamber and begin the fight. A siege engine is best to tank her, as they can time their shield cooldown to mitigate her massive breath damage. Demolishers will have to avoid getting breathed on at all costs!

The vehicles will dps her until roughly 65%, when she will emote and begin phase 2.

Phase 2:
As the Brood Mother takes to the air, she emotes: "Pesky mortals and your toys, let's see how you fight on your own!" Suddenly a great blast of lava will melt all of the vehicles, and the players will be left on their own.

But just as all hope appears to be lost, Alexstrasza and drakes of the red dragonflight will burst through the ceiling and begin to pick players up!

The raid will need to allocate some players to keeping stacks of dots up on Onyxia as she flies about the room, and other players to dealing with the whelps that spawn from the caves to either side of the chamber. This phase ends at 40%, as Onyxia begins to land.

Phase 3:
Onyxia emotes as she again lands on the ground: "Alexstrasza! What treachery is this!? BAH! You think your red dragonflight stands any chance HERE, IN MY SANCTUM!?"

Suddenly the chamber begins to shake, and rocks begin falling from the sky, killing red drakes left and right. Once again, the raid is left on their feet in the middle of her floor.

Just when Onyxia is about to finish the brave raiders once and for all, Thrall (Or Varian Wyrnn for Alliance raids) rides into the chamber on a wolf or steed respectively.

He emotes: "SHE DRAGON, YOUR REIGN OF TERROR HAS LASTED FAR TOO LONG. LET US RID THE WORLD OF YOUR FILTH ONCE AND FOR ALL! AND LET US SEE YOUR TRUE FORM!"

Onyxia responds: "NO, NO, IT CAN'T BE!"

Onyxia begins to shake violently and smoke fills the room. When the dust clears, she is left in her human form.

She emotes: "Fools, you think I am any less potent in this body? BWAAH, YOU UNDERESTIMATE THE BLACK DRAGONFLIGHT!"

Suddenly human adds begin to pour out of the whelp caves riding black steeds and wielding jousting lances!

Thrall screams for assistance, and dozens of wolves and horses begin to pour into the chamber. Players equip their jousting lances and jump aboard the mounts. Onyxia must be attacked with shield break 300 times to get rid of all of her stacks, and players will need to chain taunt her to make sure she is always tanked by someone with 3 stacks of shield block.

This is the last phase, the fight ends when Onyxia hits 2%, as she becomes converted and will most likely help the raiders in the upcoming Icecrown Citadel content patch.


The end.
You really overestimate how hard they are working to revamp this. Id be suprised if it even had anything updated other than how hard she hits and maybe 1-2 new abilities. Its Blizzard here, they are too busy coming up with new ideas on how to cater to the mouth-breathing, pudding-pop-pushing fucktards that ruined WoW. I mean cmon, they are reusing the old T2 textures...CAUSE THOSE WILL LOOK AWESOME WITH THE AWESOME NORTHREND FURRY SHIT YOUVE DRAPED EVERYONE IN....Like, think about it...priests in Trans hoods? Go to hell Blizzard and take your shit hole of a game with you...
  #25  
Unread 08-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Anatheras's Avatar
Anatheras Anatheras is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 145
Default

Sounds like somebody missed the joke.
  #26  
Unread 08-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Gwai's Avatar
Gwai Gwai is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anatheras View Post
Sounds like somebody missed the joke.
^^^^^^^^^^^^ Need a whoosh emote.
  #27  
Unread 08-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Wylan's Avatar
Wylan Wylan is offline
Many names, but always Wylan.
WoW Characters
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
You really overestimate how hard they are working to revamp this. Id be suprised if it even had anything updated other than how hard she hits and maybe 1-2 new abilities. Its Blizzard here, they are too busy coming up with new ideas on how to cater to the mouth-breathing, pudding-pop-pushing fucktards that ruined WoW. I mean cmon, they are reusing the old T2 textures...CAUSE THOSE WILL LOOK AWESOME WITH THE AWESOME NORTHREND FURRY SHIT YOUVE DRAPED EVERYONE IN....Like, think about it...priests in Trans hoods? Go to hell Blizzard and take your shit hole of a game with you...
Oh Warp. It's become clear that you're officially out of the loop.

See you Aion tomorrow at least!
__________________
  #28  
Unread 08-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Warp's Avatar
Warp Warp is offline
WoW Social
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anatheras View Post
Sounds like somebody missed the joke.

Ya, hasnt been a good start of my day, def missed it. Learned today that the AF thinks "Right now Id like to sign up for 4 years but Ill consider 6 and let you know if I change my mind" as "Sign me up for 6 mothafucka!" If this pushes back my fucking ship date I will be quite unhappy...
  #29  
Unread 08-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Warp's Avatar
Warp Warp is offline
WoW Social
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylan View Post
Oh Warp. It's become clear that you're officially out of the loop.

See you Aion tomorrow at least!
Lets just hope I can get to 30 this time....what with the random ganking/lagging out mid pull/running out of money to soul heal and having to grind mobs for grey items so I can level up...
  #30  
Unread 08-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Wheeler's Avatar
Wheeler Wheeler is offline
WoW Social
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 561
Default

Vanilla WoW had Tiers 1, 2, 2.5 (AQ) and 3.

WotLK has had Tiers 3, and now 2 coming back.

If Arthas drops a fucking Drillborer disk and Arcanist Robes, I'm going to use my WotLK CD like the N64 Turok Cerebral Bore, and give my dog a lobotomy.
ReplyPost Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:43 AM.