Go Back   Alpha Gaming > Public Forums > General Chat

ReplyPost Reply
Unread 11-21-2009, 08:30 AM
No Avatar

Alistar hates me pretty much. "YOU CANT JUST GO AROUND KILLING EVERYONE WHO ARGUES WITH YOU" "Fuck off." Morr is at +100 with max spell power plot bonuses though lol.

I did away with Alistar recently actualy. My main guy is a mage, and a blood mage at that. So instead of having any willpower all his points are dumped into health and magic, he just needs enough mana to have upkeep for spell might and spell wisp. I take him, Morr, Wynne(or w/e), and Leli. Main guy is spec'd for all the big damage moves and some blood mage things. Leli is still a bard for the mana regen but is spec'd mostly into archery and whatnot. Wynne is full healing with spellbloom, para rune, force field, and paralyze with some other buff things. Morr is a spirit healer as well, but only enough for a group heal + rez (Only uses it when everyones low etc), force field and para rune as well, and then the rest damaging spells to compliment my main guy.

Its pretty awesome. 5 cc things that can be used, my mage tanks everything sucking life from Leli, and a backup healer/rezer.

Alistar's whiney ass can sit in camp and make me mana potions.
Unread 11-21-2009, 10:52 PM
WoW Friends and Family

WoW has ruined me. I'm constantly disappointed in how 90% of the loot in DA is garbage and wish constantly for a badge vendor.
Unread 11-22-2009, 03:58 AM
WoW Social

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophey View Post
WoW has ruined me. I'm constantly disappointed in how 90% of the loot in DA is garbage and wish constantly for a badge vendor.
I wonder if I run in circles long enough in Diablo III, they'll give me at least 5 Windfor-

Oh...

OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE
Unread 11-25-2009, 06:03 PM
No Avatar
WoW Social
WoW Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthesar View Post
i dunno if i missed it somewhere else, but the $7 for wardens keep is well worth the party stash you get to store extra items.
Except having to pay $7 for a feature that's practically present in every rpg like this as part of the main game is pathetic.
Unread 11-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Many names, but always Wylan.
WoW Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dernus View Post
Except having to pay $7 for a feature that's practically present in every rpg like this as part of the main game is pathetic.
Ain't you dead?
Unread 11-26-2009, 09:38 AM
WoW Social

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylan View Post
Ain't you dead?
I died once.
Unread 11-26-2009, 03:50 PM
No Avatar

Quote:
Except A) you don't need a bank in this game at all and B) the 7$ gives you another dungeon, a set of armor (and very good armor might I add) and access to two of the best melee weapons in the game. Sounds like a pretty good deal for a pretty insignificant amount of money.
Unread 11-26-2009, 05:19 PM
No Avatar
WoW Social
WoW Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama View Post
Except A) you don't need a bank in this game at all and B) the 7$ gives you another dungeon, a set of armor (and very good armor might I add) and access to two of the best melee weapons in the game. Sounds like a pretty good deal for a pretty insignificant amount of money.
Well I never said it was a necessity to have a bank in the game, I was stating that it is a staple in nearly all rpgs of this nature. As good as you try to make Warden's Keep sound its really not.

EA's whole philosophy with games these days is to ship them with content that should be in the game cut so pirates (and this mostly is for the console crowd as the PC DLC is easily able to be pirated) are forced to pay micro transactions so they still make some form of money. This is fine as long as the DLC in question isn't something that should just be included with the main game itself. Bioware should learn from Bethesda when it comes to doing DLC, because as it stands they are leagues behind in quality of their DLC.

Either way Dragon Age on its own is a fantastic game which I'm happy I purchased.

Oh and yes Wylan I'm dead.
Unread 11-26-2009, 06:57 PM
WoW Social
WoW Characters

Quote:
EA's whole philosophy with games these days is to ship them with content that should be in the game cut so pirates (and this mostly is for the console crowd as the PC DLC is easily able to be pirated) are forced to pay micro transactions so they still make some form of money. This is fine as long as the DLC in question isn't something that should just be included with the main game itself. Bioware should learn from Bethesda when it comes to doing DLC, because as it stands they are leagues behind in quality of their DLC.
Pretty much agree with this. The DLC content that Bethesda puts out each time are like mini expansions if you will. From playing Fallout 3 alone, the content that gets relesed doesn't add anything that isn't already in the game in regards to making it fully functional. What you get are a bunch of cool new things to do and a full new area (each about a third or more the size of the original Capital Wasteland), barring Broken Steel which was a story continuation since something about the original ending felt really unsatisfying.

Something about getting a bank and a dungeon out of once DLC seems kind of hokey to me.

Keep in mind though this comes from someone who got the Pandaren Monk from the Blizzard store just because I could.
Unread 11-26-2009, 07:50 PM
No Avatar

As long as DLC is only a few dollars, I find it hard to complain about it, because as you said, they lose quite alot of money as a result of pirating. So I can't really fault a game company for trying to counter it in some way and make a little more money, especially EA with how much money they lost about 9 months ago with the economic crash.

P.S. Don't start thinking I'm and EA lover btw, I actually think they ruin almost everything they get there hands on, but DLC in DA:O is not something I fault them for.
ReplyPost Reply