Go Back   Alpha Gaming > Public Forums > General Chat

ReplyPost Reply
Unread 12-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Slayer of smug cunts
WoW Characters

The ball was fucking clearly coming out as he rolled over the other dude, a good 2 seconds before his left arm hits the ground.
Unread 12-06-2009, 05:41 PM
No Avatar
WoW Social
WoW Characters

No, no it wasn't, Jack. Mike Sellers had control of the ball with it against his chest as his left elbow is on the ground and a defender is touching him. An elbow counts as "one knee", which, in football terms, means he was "Down by Contact" before the ball pops out.

How you can argue against that is beyond me. The video evidence clearly shows this. In fact, to overturn a call on the field during a review there must be "indisputable video evidence" to change the call, per NFL review rules. There wasn't indisputable video evidence of a fumble to overturn the call on the field.

The ref who reviewed the play in the replay booth made a very bad decision.
Unread 12-06-2009, 06:37 PM
AFK

The shitty fumble reverse shouldn't even have mattered. The Saints paid Suisham to miss a 23 yard field goal and had the game handed to them.
Unread 12-06-2009, 08:29 PM
No Avatar

Just thought I'd add, don't use beating the Pats as a sign of being good, the Patriot defense is currently teetering on the edge of pathetic. It's starting to make me depressed.
Unread 12-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Protector of baby polar bears!
WoW Characters

Obviously the Pats didn't play to their full potential that game either, but my comment was mostly directed at Wylan...who I'm convinced would not admit the Saints were even "decent" if they went so far as to win the Superbowl.
Unread 12-06-2009, 09:58 PM
No Avatar

His name's Jason Campbell and even though hes a black quarterback he played pretty well. I hate the skins with a passion but the redskins havent been doing so bad when you think of their huge disadvantage (aka Jim Zorn). 2 of their 8 losses were by more than 10 points. Lost 6-7 to Dallas, 17-20 loss to Carolina, 24-27 to Eagles, and 33-30 OT to the saints. The skins completely controlled that game against the saints but great teams always find a way to win. My uncles quote to live by is "Its not how you drive, its how you arrive," this is a perfect scenario.
ReplyPost Reply