Go Back   Alpha Gaming > Public Forums > General Chat

ReplyPost Reply
Unread 03-17-2010, 09:08 PM
WoW Social

GOW 3 is just fucking gross. The hades fight is nasty..... and the GORE is GREAT and my type of thing. FF13 is good about 21 hours in. Battlefield bad company is a good FPS to play with friends and blow shit up.

Been playing a shit ton of games.... whats new... just seems like more recently.

I DL'ed the just cause demo on xbox and I dont' know really just did not dig it at all.. and I'm in the blur beta for xbox and can be fun but seems like it is just going to be the same shit all the time. Looking forward to split/second for sure.
Unread 03-20-2010, 05:02 PM
No Avatar
WoW Social
WoW Characters

Finished GoW3, fucking insane game. It never let up till the very end. With that said I think I still like GoW2 the most in the series.
Unread 03-31-2010, 11:04 AM
WoW Social
WoW Characters

Yahtzee Final Fantasy 13 review:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...l-Fantasy-XIII
Unread 03-31-2010, 02:20 PM
No Avatar
WoW Social
WoW Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
Oh cool a review from someone who played 5 hours of the game. I stopped caring what Yahtzee thinks when he revealed that multiplayer in any game is awful.

*edit oh snap he liked ff6 could this be anymore cliche of a review.
Unread 03-31-2010, 02:54 PM

Haven't listened to that review yet, but generally I think he's fucking hilarious. Even when he's wrong.
Unread 03-31-2010, 06:02 PM
WoW Social
WoW Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dernus View Post
Oh cool a review from someone who played 5 hours of the game. I stopped caring what Yahtzee thinks when he revealed that multiplayer in any game is awful.

*edit oh snap he liked ff6 could this be anymore cliche of a review.
Of course he didn't like it. That's kind of the point. You listen to laugh at the ways he makes fun of things. He readily admits he doesn't like multi-player games because he has no friends. Yahtzee also has a well known hatred of JRPGs, so I doubt 30 hours of it would have improved his opinion.

I personally haven't tried FF13 yet, but I have heard a lot of excuses for it on why it's OK that the first two thirds of it is a tutorial for when it lets you actually play - just in time for the ending. Let's face it, Final Fantasy fans have jumped through a lot of hoops trying to like it better.

I'll readily admit I'm guilty of it as well. I'm amazed by God of War 3 and gave it a pass on sheer pedigree, however the more I play it the more I realize there are a significant number of glitches in that game and the first patch barely scratched the surface. The ending could have also been a bit more epic given the way it starts (and that, umm, BIG fight in the middle). I think I agree with you that, for it's time, GoW2 was better.
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:08 PM
No Avatar
WoW Social
WoW Characters

GoW3 was good but I did not feel compelled to ever play it again so I went ahead and sold it to a friend. Got 50 bucks which is what I basically paid since I screwed gamestop over with a return and they gave me 60 instead of 50.

A lot of people say a lot of different things about FF13 but I did not feel it was bad at all. I'm not a FF nut hugger or anything I just thought the combat was a lot of fun and could be very strategic on the fly with all the paradigm shifting. I did not mind the tutorial bits of the game as it eased you into everything, I personally don't like when a game shoves a million things in my face from the get go. By the time battles started becoming hard I was so well adjusted within the combat system that it was a lot of fun.

I will admit the story wasn't the greatest but when is a jrpg story ever great.
Unread 03-31-2010, 10:59 PM
No Avatar

FF13 had a few slow points. However when they are easing you into the gameplay, the cutsenes/story and whatnot are more than enough to keep your attention.

My biggest problem with 13 was the stuff near the end of the game. I was expecting there to be a lot of extremely hard fights near the end of the game, endgame marks, upgraded turtles and all that, but they were all stupidly easy. I killed everything in the game before I got an ultimate weapon or any upgraded accessory. Seems I dont give a fuck about achievements, I had no real reason to upgrade stuff, or anything to do after I upgraded them.

Its disappointing to finally have the full depth of the combat at your fingertips and square be unable to push it to the limit with difficult encounters.

As for GoW3 I don't think im gonna bother getting it. I got the first 2 on ps3 and found myself getting bored about halfway through both of them and craving the end of the game. I guess raw action games with limited story don't intrigue me anymore.
Unread 03-31-2010, 11:14 PM
WoW Social

Quote:
Originally Posted by watties View Post
FF13 had a few slow points. However when they are easing you into the gameplay, the cutsenes/story and whatnot are more than enough to keep your attention.

My biggest problem with 13 was the stuff near the end of the game. I was expecting there to be a lot of extremely hard fights near the end of the game, endgame marks, upgraded turtles and all that, but they were all stupidly easy. I killed everything in the game before I got an ultimate weapon or any upgraded accessory. Seems I dont give a fuck about achievements, I had no real reason to upgrade stuff, or anything to do after I upgraded them.

Its disappointing to finally have the full depth of the combat at your fingertips and square be unable to push it to the limit with difficult encounters.

As for GoW3 I don't think im gonna bother getting it. I got the first 2 on ps3 and found myself getting bored about halfway through both of them and craving the end of the game. I guess raw action games with limited story don't intrigue me anymore.
GoW3 is vastly superior to the rest of those, but don't buy it, rent it. It's easily beaten in a rental period.

I'm also playing FF13, and I just got to Gran Pulse and have absolutely no desire to grind mobs for 10 hours, especially when they 1 shot me.
Unread 03-31-2010, 11:17 PM
No Avatar

Ya when you first get to gran pulse theres a bunch of stuff youre really not supposed to fight unless you farm there for a bit. You dont need to though, you can keep going straight through the story and worry about that stuff when you come back postgame.
ReplyPost Reply