Go Back   Alpha Gaming > Public Forums > Whisperwind General

ReplyPost Reply
Unread 04-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Many names, but always Wylan.
WoW Characters

Yeah...you may want to increase the maximum post size. I think I will make it a weekend project to write a complete history of Alpha and let people add to it. I'm now curious to see how this thread evolves.

In fact...I may unban a few people who are just as much a part of our history and....BIG AND HERE...allow them to post constructively in this thread. Since despite whatever happened and my feelings towards them now, doesn't negate that they are also responsible for what we have today.

After all...it's a celebration (in Rick James voice).
Unread 04-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Friend to all bears.
WoW Characters

No.

I will find it mildly amusing that as soon as you unban Terlin, he will post within 15 seconds. He has Internet posting and stalking skills I can't even dream of.

(And yes, for purposes of this thread I am sticking with the old school name Terlin.)

Unread 04-25-2012, 10:28 AM
WoW Social
WoW Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylv View Post
No.

I will find it mildly amusing that as soon as you unban Terlin, he will post within 15 seconds. He has Internet posting and stalking skills I can't even dream of.

(And yes, for purposes of this thread I am sticking with the old school name Terlin.)
Actually, as I recall his original name was Jackalakaluz (or something like that) as a paladin and Terlin was his mage alt that he played because we needed that more.

It is good to see this guild has withstood the years and some extremely tall challenges, content wise and drama wise. I have always been a fan and have been pulling for Alpha from the sidelines ever since I took my raiding leave. People come and go, torch bridges and rebuild them, but here it still stands - which is far more than 99% of the raiding guilds out there. They may not always be the first to win an encounter, but Alpha is always in the hunt.

There are many, many people responsible for the longevity, but none more responsible than Wylan. I have never questioned his desire to put guild success first, at times at detriment to himself. How many people have left on bad terms, then been welcomed back into the fold and past differences set aside because it was best for Alpha's needs? How many times has someone had personal issues (sometimes not even WoW related) and he took the time to work it out with you, when he could have just said "Get over it"? It's that respect for the member as a person that keeps people coming back, and it is something that is so very hard to find elsewhere.

So to those friends that do remember me, and to the people that do not - good luck and happy hunting and may five years be only the beginning!

Last edited by Wendell; 04-25-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Unread 04-25-2012, 10:50 AM
AFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
The epitome of my wow career, killing M'uru before he was nerfed at all with a lot of the FoW guys that came to Alpha.

Then Alpha gave that AFK Methical guy a legendary. F that.
You got the helm, I got the bow that never crits. Fair deal.
Unread 04-25-2012, 02:03 PM
No Avatar
Master Trainer
WoW Characters

I refuse to give credit for 5 years me and Riggz killed this guild off for a few months! We later helped rebuild it but whatever.
Unread 04-25-2012, 03:01 PM
No Avatar
WoW Social
WoW Characters

Go team go
Unread 04-25-2012, 03:20 PM
No Avatar

This is me playing 5 years ago

>Dat Frostbolt
Unread 04-25-2012, 03:43 PM
No Avatar

Also Tibby wanted me to post this:

Quote:
Its pretty amazing that Alpha is still alive and going strong.. You honestly cannot say that about many guilds these days what so ever. I really wanna give 95% of the credit to Wylan. Not only has he had to deal with people that were huge pricks to people when they fucked up (such as me) he also has been able to deal with every problem that stemmed from having people like me,jack,deaden,dux in the guild. Wylan can judge people and be on point about it like nobody I have met before. There are many other contributing factors to the guild being alive today, Dispose (still really sad he had to leave) contributes more then most ppl do while they are active in the game, Speco is an amazing player and also a great friend but also not afraid to tell people when they fuck up, he knows how to do it in a manner I was never able to do without being outright hurtful to people. That quality is pretty hard to come by tbh, because trust me its very easy to be a dick . Sider, even though he doesnt like me because of the arguement that we got in as I left the guild, Sider is an amazing player and also a good friend (had a lot of funny inside jokes with him) Sider can play any class above average and have top situational awareness. I also hear thru others hes quite a great raid leader, even better than jack... Thats very impressive to me because everyone who has been around knows that me and Jack are close. Good shit Sider, the guild has needed to fill that raid leader void forever. Fullmaster, honestly the sickest mage in the US pve wise.. everyone should feel pretty good they could play with somebody like him, I dont just say that because hes a friend but I say that because I have played with the best and hes better. I remember if I ever had a question, Full always had an answer.. Full has a great personality and is funny as fuck, he never gets offended when he gets bitched at because people are in bad moods and full as been here since the begining. Full makes every new recruit feel welcome, its very hard to find somebody as good as full and have them be such a nice guy. there are quit a few others I could mention and talk about for days about how they have made alpha what it is, Sep, Nonice (still say we go back to lethon ), I see methical still plays... But honestly Wylan is who everyone should be thanking.. No other GM I have ever met has been willing to put as much time and effort into getting a guild out of a hole as wylan has. Much less do it like 10 fucking times.. Anyways good shit alpha, I know u nerds will crush mists, games a joke and you guys have prolly all mastered it by now . Avoid those firewalls geeks! pzpz

-Tibz
Unread 04-25-2012, 06:01 PM
WoW Social
WoW Characters

All I know is Cars quitting the game due to RL made us quit FoW (plus other minor things), and like 15 of us came to Alpha and carried niggers. Raped everything in Sunwell since all of us had already done it. GG Fury of War... I mean Alpha!! Then that other nigger made our ppl quit over time and then we took out that same nigger and here we are!
Unread 04-25-2012, 07:03 PM
WoW Social

Hello!

Be in a guild with wylan when we were defiant and he was not the GM... Then the GM came back stole the guild bank and left.. then wylan became GM at wendell zenlee and others wanted him to have it... That was BWL and AQ40 days. I have known wylan for 7 years from this game.... More later...
ReplyPost Reply