Go Back   Alpha Gaming > Public Forums > Whisperwind General

ReplyPost Reply
Unread 04-27-2012, 08:47 PM
Anakin at the end of Jedi.
WoW Characters

It's all a blur to me, which is weird-- I don't even do drugs!

Although some things are crystal clear, mainly the people. I think at one point or another I pretty much hated and then also loved everyone that's been apart of Alpha, at least during the parts I was here. I think much of the hate/resentment just came from "heat of the moment" type stuff. After not playing or being around you guys for a while I have no grudges or dislike for anyone and almost even miss you guys, almost enough to want to play just to hang out, ALMOST! Games still shit though, so no ty!

Either way, you all are great people and I guess now that I am "retired" I pretty much only have Wylan to thank for giving me a shot on Algalon and me getting lucky, which in turn started the chapter of Dux that was Alpha. If it wasn't for that night I wouldn't have made the friends and memories that I have over the years. I would have also always wondered what really makes a top 10 guild, a top 10 guild (not to say I used Alpha as a stepping stone to Raiding Rainbows... buuuuuuuuuut I kinda did, I can't say I regret the move but I do regret any hard feelings that came with it).

To everyone else, try not to shorten Wylans lifespan anymore than it already has been because of the bullshit that comes along with Alpha, lol. In the end it's all about the people you surround yourself with in this game. The people is what will keep you coming back and having fun, nothing, and I mean nothing (rank, meters, gear, Efame (well maybe), drama) will matter if you don't have a guild of friends.
Unread 05-01-2012, 04:53 PM
WoW Social

Alpha/Defiant:

Happy Belated Birthday. Met a lot of good players here, some I still firmly believe are the best I've ever seen at their respective classes (fullmaster #1 mage ever, fuck your face if you do not agree). More-so than that, the guild has always maintained core values that make it the most amazing thing related to WoW.

First off - What would a post about alpha be without mentioning their "fuck you" attitude. That's what I think makes this guild special. Even back in the day, where guilds had legitimate Code of Ethics that needed to be followed, if someone was acting like an asshole, they were told they were being an asshole. If someone claimed they weren't getting sheared 45 times on Illidan, multiple people would make it their personal mission to find the logs, and publicly show that person they were in fact, lying. 400lbs and "Anorexic"? HANDLED.

Doing anything with this guild with Wylan at the helm was a great experience. 4 Horsemen? Best thing I've ever done in a game. And I once beat Cool Spot. Back in 2006 on Durotan, it's funny how little of a bubble everyone was in. Thinking that certain players were extraordinarily good (Until they sold their accounts for saxophones), until you met a Sylv, or a Fullmaster, or a Dux.

No matter what I was doing, what server I was flaking out on at the time, Alpha was always there somehow. Raiding with Dark Pact on Bloodhoof? "OH DIDN'T YOU HEAR? SOME GUY NAMED WYLAN FACEFUCKED FOW" Durotan? "Some guy named moogoogaipain and fullmaster have caused a legit shitstorm on the forums"

I loved every second of it. Game sucks, I suck, etc - but this guild has defined WoW for me.
Unread 05-02-2012, 04:20 PM
WoW Social

I love you Wheeler!
Unread 05-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Friend to all bears.
WoW Characters

Holy shit. I had forgotten he said he was anorexic when he was 400+ pounds. Thank you, Wheeler.

Unread 05-03-2012, 08:17 PM
WoW Social
WoW Characters

What to say, I've been gone from raiding for a while now but I left my heart somewhere on these forums and that Hallion kill video with that silly strafe right before Rince beat the cutters thanks to server lag, and do please forgive the cheese or should I say fromage but Wylan would trounce me.

Thanks for taking a shot on me after I crawled out from lethality running 10 man hardmodes in wrath. Hard to believe but back then even redkulaid migrated through there eventually before stumbling into alpha. That aside I dont know how I want remember Cider goading me into the name change to Milton and the subsquent 'Tron' modifier. Guess that Nom de guerre has stuck .

Here's to you guys keeping this bucket of bolts together for another 10 years hopefully.

Cheers
Unread 05-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Slayer of smug cunts
WoW Characters

Wylan has graciously unbanned me, so I'm going to post my version of our history. It's very long and still a work in progress, but I think it's pretty interesting, and has some stuff a lot of people won't have known!

When Wylan's guild (Defiant) and ours (Cynical) first merged, it was pretty strange. Defiant was probably the better guild, after all they had killed KJ and we hadn't. A lot of our members deciding that 2.0 free GM gear was more interesting than raiding. Unfortunately for them, that probably hurt them more than anything, while the number of people who naturally fell away from us made the transition to 25's easier anyway.

Our GM at the time was a guy called Darthene, who was a great guy but really wasn't all that good (keyboard turn etc) and was actually later forced out for Gralt. He had been on Duraton at some point and knew Wylan and Defiant (I actually heard of their last night KT kill just after it happened, way before any talk of merging) and some how or another ending up mentioning to me the idea of meeting with them and merging.

When we first talked on vent, it was basically Darthene+Myself vs Wylan+Naomil. Like I said, their guild had clearly been better, but by the time we met we had killed Magtheridon and they were kinda stuck for whatever reason, so it really felt like we had the upper hand. We did, and that's one of the reasons we were able to pry Wylan away from Durotan. The name Alpha was also my idea, tyvm. Such a good name.

As Sylv mentioned, our main competition were Invictus and Vindication, and we pretty much trailed Vindication the entire way through SSC/TK and BT. We killed most T5 stuff pretty quickly. A mage named Odah got us our first kill of Leotheras as the last guy standing. There's a video where the boss hits him just as it dies. I'm pretty sure Odah plays (or at least played) on Whisperwind.

When we made it to KT, we pulled the boss for 3 weeks straight with the exact same 25 people every night. It was pretty amazing. That was a fun kill.

The Illidan story is legendary. Tanxx (another nice guy but keyboard turning not so goodie) didn't understand the concept of "take off your FR gear", so we got caught. Grelif fucked us at 4am on extended raid night #2 I believe (maybe it was the Friday night) and spent the next day farming many primal fire for FR pots. We eventually killed it on pull #1 on the Sunday at 4pm with a frenchie named Bodil in the raid - his first pull.

There were a lot of random moments during BT. Not many people know of one of them. While we were farming it, we were approached by Chinese farmers operating some website, wanting to use us to sell their customers items. We did it for a while. It was kinda fun pressuring these people into taking items they didn't want. What a lot of people don't know is that they initially offered us $ to do this, and had it been logisitcally simpler to do so, Wylan and I would likely have taken them up on the offer. I believe the plan was to take the $, buy gold with it and claim we were paid in gold. Sadly that never happened. What did happen though was that we were paid A LOT of gold. Wylan and I conspired to con the rest of the guild. We were owed a finders fee, lets just say. Later, I found that Wylan had also conned me. He took his GM fee I guess, it was cute. We got quite rich.

On our first attempted repeat kill of Illidan, we sorta didn't do very well. Gralt died coming out of 30%, on the "last pull" an hour past end of raid time, but Korlic picked him up, and tanked him steadily down to 4%. At 4% he turned and Soul Drained the entire raid, healing to 20. He got low again (around 5%), then killed Korlic, turned, healed up and wiped us. I yelled for like 15 minutes straight. Wylan was actually recording that pull and would have got it but his HD was full and recording stopped just before. I was so angry and it was, in retrospect, very hilarious. I'm pretty sure Wylan spent an hour calming me down.

We had some people who just couldn't do Teron Gorefiend ghosts. At one point, we tried having one of them hearth out when they got ghosts. It did not work. Lols were had.

We killed Reliquary on our 6th pull. That was pretty cool. A lot of people found it pretty hard.

We spent a lot of extra-curricular time farming gems and hearts of darkness. The now infamous "spinel wars" were mainly Kras vs Chased. It was quite entertaining.

8. I can't remember exactly when ZA was released, but during it I eventually trolled Kras so hard over the Hex Head trinket that he gquit. Also very funny.

We were the first people to pull Kalecgos on beta. Arkamis made a forum post which I believe read "first boss Kalecgos: confirmed". He got a lot of shit for that.

We straight up could not do the twins in Sunwell. We couldn't stay alive longer than like 60 seconds even when we pulled with no shit 12 healers. It was very strange.

Next up: Fury of War
Unread 05-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Slayer of smug cunts
WoW Characters

Fury of War:

Around this time I had started talking with Spriggz and Dratini again. I had played with Dratini in our very first raiding guild in MC (paladins in cloth go!) and had met Spriggz (and Sep actually) when I left that guild to join his guild, Imminent. Imminent had merged with FoW at the start of Naxxramas (while I was away on vacation actually) and when I came back, I talked with Riggz and declined the offer to join them. I almost went again courtesy of a mage named Swiffer at the end of Naxx, but again decided not to, so I knew these people pretty well. We would talk after raid nights about this and that, a fair bit of which was me bitching about what was happening with us. I would later find out that Dratini in his asking "are you taking enough shaman" was actually subtly asking if I'd like him to come over (which would have seriously helped).

Eventually this bitching led to me deciding I'd rather be in FoW than in Alpha, and, given the state of the guild, when I told this to Wylan, we just packed it in. I also eventually convinced him to come over too, but Wylan never was much for not being in charge and was pretty unhappy right away. This was probably not helped by the fact that his brand new Dell was awful and just kept crashing on him all the fucking time, including during M'uru pulls. Additionally, I'm pretty sure the sitting out of raid "go and farm for the guild" just didn't sit well with either of us, although in fairness I think I sat less than him.

Hilariously, given the way I was, the thing that really made me decide to fuck Cars and Clenn was when he yelled at me for something and was actually completely wrong. He was raging at me on my positioning on Brutallus for chain heal bounces to the tank. The tank I was standing behind was Riggz, and Riggz had himself told me exactly where to stand. CH was bouncing. He saw it and I saw it. Unfortunately Riggz died, and Cars insisted on questioning me on the bounce range of CH and claiming I wasn't in the right spot. It was cute. It really felt like (and Spriggz confirmed as much later) he was not amused with how I was happy to speak up and how I wasn't content with being a second class citizen, so decided to try to make something out of nothing.

For the most part though FoW was good fun. A lot of the people were very good and pretty nice. The first M'uru kill was amazing (and the P2 3 point + tank backwards/forwards strat was mine, so I felt like I contributed, although TBH we just RNG'd good orb spawns) but then we didn't ever really make or try any KJ progress. Sep was left to run a raid one night and insisted on us pulling as if no other guild in the world had done so, so we wiped to the 3 adds at the start and what not. It was weird. By this point though, the damage was done. With Wylan already pissed off at everything, it didn't take much convincing to get him on board, and his smooth talking salesman skills came in pretty handy. If we're honest, I'm taking credit for the breakup, but when it came to speaking with people (Flarg is a good example - Wylan was amazing).

I started by going to Spriggz and Dratini (who else) and just complaining about this or that. A big one that I'd heard mutterings of was Cars and Clenn bidding T1 while showing up less and less. From there it stared to snowball. I met with the officers (Cars, Clenn, Warrian and some others) and told them I was leaving and why. Cars and Clenn were both dismissive (they'd be fine without me, it was my loss etc, which just made their eventual loss all the better. Warrian was actually nicer, so I felt bad when later, when it was clear they were done, he sent me a PM asking to talk so we could work stuff out and I turned him down. Basically, for me it was "fuck cars" and for wylan it was "fuck clenn".

After we left, we kept working on it through Riggz and Dratini, and by this point a third guy named Hadessa, who I had known for years, and eventually more and more people were getting pissed off. There was that super cute night that Cars called an RP meeting in the inn in Ironforge, but it didn't really help them. Over time, Riggz and Drat helped to spread the idea of leaving the people who were essentially leeches. More and more FoW members were coming to talk to us about what we'd do, where we'd do it and how it would run.

While this was happening, we were also getting in touch with people who had gone to other guilds. Four of our members (Jesi, Javan, Shaelak and Airborne) had gone to Midwinter, so it was pretty easy to get a hold of them. They weren't exactly happy - 1 shot for every wipe or ledge suicide on twins from what I heard - so they were fine with our idea to rebuild. Warp had actually followed Wylan and I to Bloodhoof, but he was in Dark Pact, and not exactly happy. We also spoke to Grelif, who had gone to Death Jesters on Shadowmoon I believe, and was also keen to return. We spoke to others too, obviously, but I can't remember everybody, sorry! Anyway, we had the whole thing planned, and eventually, lots of FoW people came over and we went at it.

Our first raid night in BT was pretty awkward. Wylan and I didn't exactly know the FoW guys well, and old Alpha members and former FoWs knew nothing of each other. We cleared everything though and then set about Sunwell. Thanks to Gwai, a lot of those logs still exist.

Our first Brutallus kill: http://gwai.org/Stasis/7-2008/sws-br...157/index.html
Our first Muru kill: http://gwai.org/Stasis/7-2008/sws-mu...715/index.html

FoW had never killed KJ, and obviously neither had Alpha, so it was our first progression boss together. and it took us a little under 2 weeks. In the end our kill was pretty smooth. I only recall Marlakk dying (right at the end to a Darkness) but apparently Fears and Apocc did too. Our log of that is here.

http://gwai.org/Stasis/7-2008/sws-ki...743/index.html

After this, there wasn't much to do until Wrath except fuck around trying to hit the bosses really hard, and we were pretty damn good at it. Our 2m 5sec Brutallus (post 4.0) kill was the fastest in the world (not that it mattered, but it was still fun as fuck). The log is here:

http://gwai.org/Stasis/10-2008/sws-b...646/index.html

Next came WoTLK!
Unread 05-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Slayer of smug cunts
WoW Characters

I have actually decided a quick (or not so quick) note is needed here. There's a little bit of his history with the guild that Sylv glossed over. It was a pretty big deal at the time, but in fairness its been pretty well forgotten, and even I have no resentment towards Sylv over it. (<3) It plays in to why we ended up going to FoW, and also was something that came up on our FoW interview (Wylan and I) so hopefully he will say some stuff about it. Anyway, on to it!

In around April 08, Sylv, and another guy named Timewasted, were getting pretty unhappy. Sylv, in probably not the smartest decision, took to posting about it on the private section of Elitist Jerks, the benefactors bar. His grievances ranged from my yelling, to my treatment of people, to my decisions for who we took to raids, to my feelings on prot paladins (Arkamis!) (ps: he really didn't like me) to something else.

The something else, and the thing that eventually got back to Wylan was this. I mentioned that Kras had left. Well, he had gone to Midwinter, and over time so had a few others, and Wylan really, really, really didn't like him or them, and didn't want people associating with them. Javan (who eventually went there with the group of four after we disbanded, but came back as I've said) wanted the sunmote ring made, but only a MW member could make it. Wylan didn't like this, as he didn't want people associating with them, fearing it would increase the chances of us losing members to them. A forum thread happened. Stuff happened. Sylv posted it all on EJ. These are the posts.

Post 1:

Quote:
So, here's something interesting. Drama complete with a backstory and a private forum transcript.

A long time ago (like November-ish) a shadow priest in*left and went to*, a slightly worse guild on our server (we killed Illidan 9-30, they killed him 1-08, for reference). Everyone in the guild was happy to see him go. He was a lootwhore and pretty whiny. So whatever. Done. Then in December, one of our warriors leaves to go to*also, and eventually two of the people we kicked later for inactivity go to*. This all happened in January at the latest.*'s GM has had some sort of deep hatred against*since (I suppose he doesn't realize that things like this happen and that everyone was glad to see the priest and everyone else leave anyway).

Over the last few months, our GM has made several childish demands that we have no interaction with*and even threatened one of our rogues with /gkick if he did not stop doing 2v2 with the priest I mentioned above. No one actually listens to him because the demands are laughable at best. Now flash forward to today to a thread on our guild forums where a shaman requests sunmotes so that he can get some healing ring made. For reference, there's a thread on the Ysera forums in which someone in*mentions that he can make this ring and that he will do it for free with your mats, etc. So we all know who our shaman is going to have make this ring. So here's the relevant transcript so far:

SHAMAN:
I have an individual willing to craft it for me, it is an upgrade haste wise, and will put me at about 200 spell haste with my current gearing.

OUR CHILDISH GM ON AN EGO TRIP:
Also to note...make sure that if you do business, it's with Invictus. I will not honor any member made arrangements with Midwinter...

SHAMAN:
You would honestly neglect a member an upgrade item based on who can craft it?

Yes. If it helps you sleep better I can use the motes we have to get the casters outfitted with gloves and of course we want a few spare motes for item conversions.

ME:
...and the whole thing about "OMG WE CAN'T DEAL WITH MIDWINTER THEY ARE THE EVIL". Seriously...um...grow up.

WARRIOR:
Honestly, I could give a fuck about any other guild except ours...

ME:
The correct phrase is "couldn't give a fuck" and this has nothing to do with giving an advantage to or helping out another guild. It is simply about getting something crafted by someone in another guild because they have had the pattern drop and we haven't. At most, it helps Cactipete get a 10g tip if Javan is so willing, although he would most likely do it for no tip since he said he was crafting it for free with your mats on the realm forums. It's quite childish not to deal with them for something like this.

In before "OMG SYLV IS A TRAITOR AND MW SUPPORTER"

Watch who you're talking to. If you have something to say, phrase it more respectfully.

ME:
This stupid vendetta is perhaps the most childish reaction to Midwinter I can think of, and at this point there is no rhyme or reason for it. You are telling us not to get things crafted from people who have the recipe because they're in another guild that you don't happen to like? Are you kidding me? Am I the only one who understands how stupid that sounds?

PRIEST:
No, and I agree.

Sylv, I will speak with you privately regarding this when I am calm.

In the meantime...if Javan wants some motes, I will consider giving them to him. However, we are not making anything for their members.

You may not appreciate why I am doing my best to discourage interaction between the two guilds. You don't have to.

You stab things and decide on who gets what. That is your job...let me do mine.

My patience has just about run out with this guy and his huge fucking childish ego.
Post 2:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by*Raienna*
That's remarkably pathetic. So remind us all why it is you're putting up with this, again?
The amount of actual interaction I have with him I suppose is quite minimal, and I always fall back on the old "but I do like SOME people and I do like raiding for raiding's sake". But that reason is getting old quite fast to be honest. There have been a few hypothetical situations in which I would gquit immediately. One of said scenarios has to do with this drama I just brought up. If he had actually went through with his threat to g-kick one of our rogues for doing 2v2 with one of*, I would've followed suit with /gquit.

And for all those following, here's my final follow-up to Wylan:

ME:
I don't wish to speak privately about this. I have in the past and my concerns fell on deaf ears. At this point, I've just about said all I can and want to say. I have one last comment.

Actually, if you want us to take these childish demands seriously, then, yes, we do have to know your reasons. Threats of /gkicks for interacting with people from*(and we're talking just doing WSG or arena with some of their members) are not and should not be met with immediate blind approval. I am not a sheep and I like to think many others are not also.

This issue was brought to this thread by you and so you should not be surprised when someone, especially me, picks up on it and questions your motives. Nevertheless, I'm done talking about this as it is clear to me that those who do agree with me seem to have a common feeling of learned helplessness; there is no point to fight against something that won't change. I, too, share this feeling, but perhaps my scraps of hope are still deluding me. Good day.
Post 3:

Quote:
And the final reply from Wylan. Here it is, ladies and gentlemen, hypocrisy, paranoia, and ego all incarnate in one massive asshole:

ASSHOLE GM LMAO:
The issue was brought up by me because it's widely known who on this server is the only person that can make the ring.

I do not want our members associating with theirs because I don't want people developing comfort levels (read more crudely as friendships) that would ever make them consider migrating guilds. If Invictus were not a French guild I would have the same concern with them. The fact that MW has already accepted 2 members concerns me...even if Kras is a gimme because of Pete you still have Maldor which obviously took some work on their part.

If you want to head up the recruitment committee and can produce enough applicants to make me not worry about the standing members we have going elsewhere, then I would be happy about keeping my "grudges" to myself.

Until then, this is not a guild run by coalition.

I am not going to be openly lectured on how to run my guild.
(More coming..)
Unread 05-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Slayer of smug cunts
WoW Characters

Post 4:

Quote:
Drama continued...

TIMEWASTED:
I've stayed on the sidelines for this one, but no, I have to respond to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylan
I do not want our members associating with theirs because I don't want people developing comfort levels (read more crudely as friendships) that would ever make them consider migrating guilds. If Invictus were not a French guild I would have the same concern with them. The fact that MW has already accepted 2 members concerns me...even if Kras is a gimme because of Pete you still have Maldor which obviously took some work on their part.
I'm paying my $15 per month to play the game how I see fit. I'm showing up to 99-100% of ALPHA'S raids. I will NOT have someone tell me who I can and can not talk to. The results of such an action would NOT be pleasant.

SHAMAN 2:

I wasn't around for the beginning of these MW vs Alpha hatred feelings, so I still openly communicate with them. With that said there's not a chance that I would leave even if I like some of them. From how I can see it someone who leaves for a lesser progressed guild such as midwinter leaves not because they may have more friendships in said guild but because the guild they are in has a bad atmosphere that they do not enjoy being around and this is a game that they feel like enjoying.

Glad to see my fellow guildies are finally supporting me. Thanks team! Coup meeting tonight at 9EST.

Like, I just don't understand how he expects us to take him seriously. I have made almost every raid with Alpha. If I quit, it will be for good. It has nothing to do with Midwinter. I am seriously just utterly baffled at his responses and reaction.

What bothers me most is that he wasn't always like this. I used to somewhat support some of his decisions, or at least not outright disagree with them in totality. This ego trip is surely a product of our turnover rate since killing Illidan, but why the backlash against Midwinter and the childish demands? This God complex is very old and not flattering.
Post 5:

Quote:
Yes, I was kicked because of the things I posted in BB. Nevermind that every single thing I ever bitched about was always brought up to Wylan first and I was met with denial, reluctance, confusion, etc. I was going to quit soon anyway, and so this was an easy way out.

Yes, it seems someone tipped them off about my posts, but I don't care. That person did me a favor, to be honest. I have my suspicions about who it was, but no need to bring unnecessary drama to the EJ forums.

The actual way they went about kicking me was...interesting to say the least, but not at all surprising. Perhaps when I'm up for it, I can give my account of what happened. Timewasted, I'm sure will fill you on some juicy details in the meantime.

Thanks for the compliment Time and I already like my new home in .
So there's that. A pretty interesting tidbit. Sylv and Timewasted ended up in Lunacy on Proudmoore, then created a guild on Thunderhorn with Arkamis, and Sylv eventually returned here after we destroyed that guild (are you keeping count?). There's some other Sylv related BT stuff too, like the great rogue protest he organized at them not being given the proper group composition in BT. I believe it was the hunter ferocious inspiration buff they wanted, but I'm not sure? Maybe they didn't get WF because the hunters got the one and only grace of air. Like I said, I'm not sure on the specifics of that. Maybe Wylan is. There are a lot of other posts from the BB at that time (35ish from Sylv and a number from Timewasted) that I've omitted, but if there's interest I can post them (or Sylv can), but they're not so interesting.
Unread 05-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Slayer of smug cunts
WoW Characters

So, WoTLK came and we were all feeling pretty good. We had been solid through Sunwell farm time and, having had only one progression kill in months, were raring to go. We had instance grind teams all set up, and my team was Myself, Wylan, Jamor, Flarg and Naomil. It was fucking brutal. We went for like 30 hours straight, including 38 normal Utgarde Keep runs, 58 normal Ahn'kahet runs and many others.

Half way to 72, and the guild in Utgarde Keep. This is my only levelling screenshot actually.

Finally a lot of us hit 80 after 2 days and we were quickly in to Sarth and Naxx 10, killing them fairly easily.

The group at Sarth 10

The group in Naxx 10

The next day, we started 25's. We began with Sarth, killing him with 18. This was the 2nd kill in the US, but the first done with everyone being in the same guild.

The guild after killing Sarth 25

After that, we went to Naxx. We progressed pretty smoothly until we hit Patchwerk, which we found could not be 20 manned. We took a break to give people time to hit 80, during which some of us went and helped them with the ICC Arena and other stuff. Afterward, we came back and finished off KT. It ended up being a US first kill, and was even listed on the armory until they changed to the new battle.net.

Our Patchwerk kill was very impressive, especially given that we 6 healed it. Initially, using mainly Sunwell gear, many people were struggling with 7 or even 8 healers. We were greatly aided in this by our having 2 gloriously fat bear offtanks.

Patchwerk Log: http://gwai.org/Stasis/11-2008/sws-p...720/index.html
KT Log: http://gwai.org/Stasis/11-2008/sws-k...315/index.html

The guild after clearing Naxx 25 for a US first!

The next night we cleaned up Malygos, the last of the three zones, and a very quick kill when you consider that basically none of us had pulled it on beta. Again a US 2nd (by like 15 seconds).

The guild after killing Malygos 25, US 2nd

The start of WoTLK was a pretty crazy ride, but it was great fun, and we were feeling pretty good about ourselves. We even got asked to do a podcast! We recorded it on Skype and by the end Wylan was totally hammered. It was hilarious. They even did a bit knocking Kras. It was cheesy as fuck but overall pretty fun. Unfortunately I can't remember the name or find a link but I'm sure it's out there.

The other big achievement the guild earned at the start of WoTLK, and the one I am most proud of, was holding the world record kill of H-Anub'Arak in Azjol'Nerub, earning the achievement Gotta Go! The achievement required you to kill the boss within 2 minutes, which was pretty fucking tough. We did it even faster than that!

Yes, that's 1 minute 34 seconds. We were so bad ass.

Over time we eventually cleared up Sarth+3 and Malygos 6 minute. Sadly the Sarth+3 log is missing, as are any screenshots from Malygos 6 mins.

Malygos 6min Log: http://gwai.org/Stasis/12-2008/sws-m...820/index.html

The guild after killing Sarth+3

To be continued!