Go Back   Alpha Gaming > Public Forums > General Chat

ReplyPost Reply
Unread 08-06-2009, 03:06 PM
WoW Friends and Family

Default UFC 101 Hype/Prediction Thread

Lightweight Title fight between B.J. vs. KenFlo, and Anderson Vs. Forrest.

I got Kenny and Forrest in the upset combo.
Unread 08-06-2009, 05:12 PM
WoW Social

Forrest is hilarious. I hope he pulls it out.
Unread 08-06-2009, 08:27 PM
WoW Social

I have Florian for the win, and Anderson will beat Forrest, but it will be a typical Griffin-Style 3 round bloodbath.
Unread 08-07-2009, 06:55 AM
No Avatar

I am hoping Forrest pulls it out, but think Silva will take him in the scond round. Florian & Penn is gonna be a great fight....BJ will get the decision. Fucking 5 o'clock won't come fast enough today and I will miss the weigh-ins.
Unread 08-09-2009, 09:10 AM
WoW Social

That Griffin fight looked quite strange to me. I've never seen Forrest fall to the ground, and basically wave his hands telling the ref he could take no more. Kinda struck me as awkward. The way he basically stood right up after being "so hurt" and sprinted straight to the back scared me for a second, because it really reminded me of essentially what Pride was caught doing. (Telling fighters to throw fights in order to make one fighter a bigger draw).

BJ Penn looked better than his last two fights, but now 155 is in fucking limbo, because there's really no one there that has a chance at taking the belt now. Had Florian won (And I'm sure now he'll never beat BJ Penn), we could have seen the belt switch hands a few times, and 155 may have had a little draw to it.

102 is going to be a snoozefest, and is the only UFC where the 4 people it's hyping are coming off of losses. I can't wait for Jardine to plant his feet flat and swing away while eating punch after punch, and for Couture to hug his way to a decision.
Unread 08-09-2009, 09:12 AM
WoW Social

Also, it's sad that the first few fights on 102 will be better than the main events. We get to see if Vera progressed any more at 205, and the Marquardt fight should be good.
Unread 08-09-2009, 11:06 AM
WoW Social

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
That Griffin fight looked quite strange to me. I've never seen Forrest fall to the ground, and basically wave his hands telling the ref he could take no more. Kinda struck me as awkward. The way he basically stood right up after being "so hurt" and sprinted straight to the back scared me for a second, because it really reminded me of essentially what Pride was caught doing. (Telling fighters to throw fights in order to make one fighter a bigger draw).
I didn't get to watch, but that fansite or whatever said it was just 3 big punches from Silva. Doesn't sound like Griffin.
Unread 08-09-2009, 11:41 AM
WoW Social

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsflailandimwylansno1fan View Post
I didn't get to watch, but that fansite or whatever said it was just 3 big punches from Silva. Doesn't sound like Griffin.
Yeah, he ate a few punches, and went down, started covering his head. Silva could have taken the TKO but told Griffin to stand up. Griffin stands up, throws two punches and eats a weak straight, and falls down again, and starts waving his arms to the ref. He then stands up, and runs to the locker room.

How many fighters do you see that get knocked to the ground twice off hits, stand up and jog all the way back to their dressing room? None.
Unread 08-09-2009, 11:46 AM
WoW Social

The latest news is that his jaw was dislocated, and that's why he stopped and sprinted the hell out of there.

Now Anderson is thinking about taking a Machida fight (The one guy he said he wouldn't want to fight unless he had to).
Unread 08-09-2009, 12:48 PM
WoW Social

for those that did not see the fights.

http://elitecagefight.blogspot.com/2...orrest_09.html
ReplyPost Reply