Go Back   Alpha Gaming > Public Forums > General Chat

ReplyPost Reply
Unread 08-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Friend to all bears.
WoW Characters

Default Cataclysm Discussion Thread

Worgen, Goblins, Guild leveling and talent trees, Character paths, 7 new zones, Ragnaros as a raid boss, elemental plains, underwater zone, redoing every old world zone, heroic deadmines, etc.

GO!

Unread 08-21-2009, 02:53 PM

Alt+F4
Unread 08-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Friend to all bears.
WoW Characters

Come on don't be so negative. A lot of the new stuff looks pretty cool. I want to see what that Skywall raid is like.

Unread 08-21-2009, 02:55 PM
No Avatar
Clementine

I told you. Mid-air jousting.

I need to level my Horde Priest to 80 so I can faction change her to a Gnome.
Unread 08-21-2009, 02:56 PM
WoW Friends and Family

Was there any kind of release date announced? I'm not so sure how I will like more recycled content, but some of the things sound like they are well thought out.

Worgen Druids are the best part
Unread 08-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Friend to all bears.
WoW Characters

I didn't hear anything about a release date.

Also, all of the "recycled" content is not really recycled. Like Naxx was straight up the same zone, same bosses, etc. The recycled content they're talking about here is more revamped and changed. Like Ragnaros is in a new raid zone in the elemental plain of fire and the lore behind actually killing him (instead of banishing him) is brand new also. The old world zones are redone, but they were completely redesigned for leveling. All the level 80+ stuff is brand new.

It doesn't sound anything like lolnaxx or lolMC85. Because it's not.

I think it's kind of cool that all of the old world zones are pretty much gone and changed. It's like you were doing all this shit in Outland and Northrend and now you come back and shit's different. Besides, the way they revamped leveling looks awesome.

Unread 08-21-2009, 03:06 PM
No Avatar
Clementine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarg View Post
Was there any kind of release date announced? I'm not so sure how I will like more recycled content, but some of the things sound like they are well thought out.

Worgen Druids are the best part
They said there will be a lot more end game raid content, so I am hoping that the reused content bought them time to actually focus on the raid development...
Unread 08-21-2009, 03:09 PM

It wasn't so bad til the old races playing new classes. As soon as I saw things like a troll going into tree form and that worgen in druid t8, I lost interest. I could try out the revamped old zones and whatnot, but I just don't know. Also "guild leveling," and "the path of the titans" make me wonder why I'm not just playing EQ instead because apparently it's all the same game now.

Deathwing, changing landscape, elemental stuff... cool. I'm not uninstalling or deleting my toons, but I'm definitely not looking to take this Cataclysm shit seriously. If nothing else, "guild leveling" just makes me remember how hard the last 8 months have been to keep a guild going at least on a smaller, more casual server. If I do somehow end up playing this game at the time this xpack comes out, it will not be on Steamwheedle Cartel.
Unread 08-21-2009, 03:11 PM
WoW Social

3rd times a charm.

Watch and see - This one will be good. Deathwing looks incredible.
Unread 08-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Friend to all bears.
WoW Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anatheras View Post
It wasn't so bad til the old races playing new classes. As soon as I saw things like a troll going into tree form and that worgen in druid t8, I lost interest. I could try out the revamped old zones and whatnot, but I just don't know. Also "guild leveling," and "the path of the titans" make me wonder why I'm not just playing EQ instead because apparently it's all the same game now.

Deathwing, changing landscape, elemental stuff... cool. I'm not uninstalling or deleting my toons, but I'm definitely not looking to take this Cataclysm shit seriously. If nothing else, "guild leveling" just makes me remember how hard the last 8 months have been to keep a guild going at least on a smaller, more casual server. If I do somehow end up playing this game at the time this xpack comes out, it will not be on Steamwheedle Cartel.
I'll agree with you about the guild leveling part. What they said in the preview panel made it sound like guilds with just more people will have an advantage, or at least that you will want to keep recruiting. And that's all guilds that will want to do that. But I guess it depends on how hard each level is to obtain.

Starting a new guild seems like it's going to be a lot harder. I think that part is going to depend a lot on how powerful the talent tree is. If it's just shit like reduced repair cost and a mass resurrection spell, then it won't really matter. But I think Blizzard is very aware of the ramifications of guild leveling. We'll see when that panel comes.

Oh, and I will say that certain race/class combos feel stupid. Dwarf shaman, okay that's fine since they exist. Gnome priest is fine also. Blood elf warrior? Yeah fine, there's no actual lore with a warrior anyway. But Tauren paladin? Night elf mage? Troll/Worgen druid? Yeah, worgens can shapeshift I guess, but the lore of druids makes no sense with either Trolls or Worgens. It's not a gamebreaking disappointment for me, but yeah, it wasn't something I particularly liked. But in the end it's not a big thing anyway. It just felt a bit out of place.

ReplyPost Reply