Go Back   Alpha Gaming > Public Forums > General Chat

ReplyPost Reply
Unread 11-11-2009, 11:16 AM
No Avatar

Default Dragon Age & Modern Warfare 2

Who's played them and what do you think?

I'm almost done DA on PS3, its pretty sweet, the dragon fights and slow motion finishing moves in general are bad ass, but I just DLd it for PC and can't wait to try it with the much better UI that the PC version has.

I downloaded MW2 last night and played a few levels, game is pretty intense, and the terrorist level is absurd.
Unread 11-11-2009, 11:19 AM

Dragon Age is nice. Going through it with a mage on 360 now. Anyone who was a fan of the old Baldur's Gate games or rpg's in general will enjoy it.
Unread 11-11-2009, 11:24 AM
No Avatar

My PS3 save is with a Champion/Reaver Tank Warrior, when I run through it again on PC I will probably run it as a rogue, or maybe a DW Beserker Warrior. And I will make sure to pick up the spirit healer ASAP, instead of not getting her until 25 hours in like I did on PS3.....
Unread 11-11-2009, 01:20 PM
WoW Social
WoW Characters

My wife is really into Dragon Age Origins, she loves it. She is playing through as a Mage right now. She has the XBox360 locked down at night for the foreseeable future with it.

I skipped Modern Warfare 2, I haven't bought a Call of Duty since part 2 (though I did enjoy it). I've never been much of a traditional FPS fan, having also skipped Killzone 2 and Resistance 2. I personally prefer 3rd person games like Gears of War 1/2 and Uncharted 1/2. Uncharted 2 is amazing.
Unread 11-11-2009, 01:23 PM

DA is pretty amazing. Spiritual successor to BG was a great way of putting it. Controls are a bit clunky on xbox, and would definitely agree that pc would be better. One of my favorite things about it is that there's almost always at least two drastically different choices your character can make.
Unread 11-11-2009, 01:29 PM
No Avatar

Dragon Age is amazing. Top down rpg goodness. If you arent playing it on the PC you are doing a dis-service to yourself.

MW2 can go fuck itself. The shit they pulled dumbing down and screwing over the PC version of the game is truly unforgivable. Myself and many others out there dont plan on buying any Infinity Ward games ever again.
Unread 11-11-2009, 04:37 PM
WoW Friends and Family
WoW Characters

DA is very awesome, theres so much information to gather I been playing for a week and am only like 30% done it says T_T. I got it on 360 so theres that.. PC mighta been easier to play on with an expanded control interface and such. I'm a Halo player so CoD... yeah, no.
Unread 11-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Anakin at the end of Jedi.
WoW Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthesar View Post
MW2 can go fuck itself. The shit they pulled dumbing down and screwing over the PC version of the game is truly unforgivable. Myself and many others out there dont plan on buying any Infinity Ward games ever again.
Yup, myself and few friends who have played CoD religiously together are not purchasing this pile of shit console to PC port.

That sums it up good.

Go fuck yourself Infinity Ward!
Unread 11-11-2009, 05:23 PM
WoW Social
WoW Characters

PC Dragon Age has better graphics, better control options and more tactical difficulty from what I have been reading. The graphics on the 360 are still very good (just not amazing). The control is very well done for a controller and the tactics have been toned down to suit that.

However, there is something to be said for being able to kick back in the recliner and play it on the 60" TV rather than hunched over the office desk. All told, from what I can tell you are getting a very, very good game that you will only notice the differences if you play the PC prior to the console versions.
Unread 11-11-2009, 06:50 PM

I am enjoying DA:O alot, quite abit of replay value and content. Hopefully they will add some better DLC for it in the future, something along the lines of Fallout 3 for example. I would recommend it to any of my friends, Bioware just needs to release Mass Effect 2 now imo
ReplyPost Reply