Go Back   Alpha Gaming > Public Forums > Whisperwind General

ReplyPost Reply
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Many names, but always Wylan.
WoW Characters

Default Happy Birthday Alpha!

This week marks Alpha's 5th anniversary. Discuss.
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Friend to all bears.
WoW Characters

Oof, that means mine is coming up in another couple months. I'm too old.

e: join date on the site is July 2007, very oof. Where has my life gone?

e2: REMEMBER MAY 15 YOU DONKEYS FUCK WOW PLAY D3

e3: Anyway....

e4: Wylan adding a couple small tidbits...will make a much longer version of this post later. Much longer...

I joined way back when. I was still a junior in college and Alpha had just killed Lady Vashj the day before. I joined only to spend over a month working on Kael. I replaced Ferrit (now at Riot games IIRC) and the other rogues at the time were Shaelak the Asian Surprise and Painez, the latter of whom would eventually join some other guild I briefly joined on Thunderhorn. Fun times.

Let's see... the only people still in the guild in some form and who still play in some form who were around 5 years ago...

1. Wylan
2. me
3. Dilldar
4. Dernus
5. Odah
6. Turien

and I'm not so sure about Dernus lol. I think that's it. Add to the list Wylan if I'm wrong. Let's see... some characters that others in the guild now should remember who were in Alpha 5 years ago...

1. Grelif
2. Terlin (lol old school name) Few know the original name of Jack...
3. Naomil
4. Alatus
5. Tredian
6. Marlak (I ran into Lemidger a couple weeks back in an LFR!)
7. Warp

I think that might be it. I don't think anyone in the guild now really knows Wendell or Anoon.

5 years ago we were on Ysera and in a heated competition with the Horde guild Vindication. They were consistently ahead of us on every boss, except Illian lol. And that's a story I think everyone has heard many times by now.

Midwinter was on Ysera at the time too and actually a guild I considered joining when I first came to Ysera. But I didn't because some friends that I xferred with didn't want to. They eventually stopped playing in the next few months and I was left alone to apply wherever. Alpha was the best Alliance guild at the time by far (that stupid French guild didn't count... what was its name?).

I became pretty good friends with Wylan and at some point after we killed Illidan he evidently decided to channel any leftover hatred of me and make me part of loot council. I still thank you to this day for that experience Wylan. We all know where that lead... I got kicked, then some other people left, then the guild broke up, then Wylan broke up Fury of War and brought them back to Ysera only to beat every other guild to Kil'jaeden anyway lol. It would be a year after I got kicked before I rejoined, after having broken up my friend's aforementioned guild on Thunderhorn lol. I rejoined while we were working on Freya and we all know where the story picks up from there... 3 servers later.

It's been a long and bumpy ride, and really amazing to think that it all started 5 years ago. (Well, a bit further before that when Defiant existed and the talk of Alpha started, all of which does not include me anyway.) Where will Alpha be in another 5 years??!?!

Last edited by Sylv; 04-24-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:46 PM
No Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylan View Post
This week marks Alpha's 5th anniversary. Discuss.

Last edited by Fullmaster; 04-26-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Friend to all bears.
WoW Characters

Wtf

Unread 04-24-2012, 09:10 PM
No Avatar
WoW Social
WoW Characters

Quote:
(that stupid French guild didn't count... what was its name?).
Its funny cause I already raid with them in WotLK and their name was Invictus :P
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Friend to all bears.
WoW Characters

Damn, Invictus. How could I forget? WHERE ARE YOU JULIAN (AKA BODIL)??

Unread 04-25-2012, 05:03 AM

happy birthday alphaa EVEN THOUGH ALPHA DIDN'T WISH ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I trust raid was smooth last night. Thank you specco for filling in and hopefully you got those last couple of drops you wanted.

I don't have any "way back when" alpha stories to tell but I am grateful that you have all opened your guild to me and accepted me as one of your own. I am very happy here and find myself continually honored to be considered a part of Alpha.
Unread 04-25-2012, 08:46 AM
WoW Social

The epitome of my wow career, killing M'uru before he was nerfed at all with a lot of the FoW guys that came to Alpha.

Then Alpha gave that AFK Methical guy a legendary. F that.
Unread 04-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Friend to all bears.
WoW Characters

Wow, you stealth edited my lists Wylan. That's some hack shit.

I like the comment about Terlin. It's like in sci-fi and fantasy shows: if you want to kill the demon, you have to know its true name.

Last edited by Sylv; 04-25-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Unread 04-25-2012, 09:14 AM
WoW Officer
WoW Characters

I miss shitting on Repression and making him fucking furious.

Damn such a long time...I think I only came to Alpha after Magz decided to destroy Pure (1.0) sometime mid-Crusade IIRC...then found you all...and fuck Wylan wasn't even at the helm then, was too busy trying to play some other game which failed.

Then you eventually came back, and we had to split demo time cause damage was fucking abysmal at that time. Fuck magi.

And then you became a bear...